Okay. I’m back. Not fully recovered yet, but blogging ready just the same. So what happened to y’all while I was gone? Geesh. I feel like I missed so much.
First, let me take care of a little business. Okay, not so much business, but let’s have some fun.I've been tagged a couple times while I was off and about having adventures and getting surgery. It looked like so much fun, I decided not to break the tag and give a shout out to these great bloggers who have really changed my life in one way or another. Thanks Vicki and Richard.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to answer the 10 questions I created at the bottom of this post. Tag your friends and notify them that you've tagged them. Not all your friends. Geesh. three to five will do. Finally, create 10 questions you'd like them to answer.
These are the questions for me to answer;
1. Where were you born? A small town on the prairies; Redvers, Saskatchewan
2. Do you speak more than one language? Which other? Fluently, I speak French and English. I studied German for fun but can't pronounce anything properly.
3. Do you play a musical instrument? Which one? Does my computer count?
4. Which is your favorite city in the world? Why? Not a big fan of cities. I prefer the romantic setting of open spaces that let me breathe. If I had to pick one, it's only natural that I'd pick a nice quiet one, with friendly people and a fun history. Yes, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
5. Who is your favorite author? I hate this question. I really don't have a fave. I go through phases, where I study a particular author until I find out exactly what it is they're doing that has me hooked. I once thought Eric Wilson, Lisa Jackson, and Stephen King were the legends. Then Anne Rice and Jean Auel introduced me to a new way of seeing the world. Then Dean Koontz and Tom Clancy came along all exciting and thrilling. Oh and then there was the Catherine Coulter, Sandra Brown phase... the Tolkien and Agatha... okay but who is it now? Right now in this moment... I've been reading a lot of debut novels, so I can't say if any are my favourite authors since they have only touched my life for a brief moment, but one book in particular rocked, especially for a first one: Samantha Sotto. I've recommended her book to a few souls, and I look forward to having her by for an interview!!!!
6. What was your favorite subject in school (high school, college, whatever)? Looking back I liked something about each class. History allowed me to replay what I was reading in my mind as if I was there. (I like real fantasies like that.) Math and geotrig were cool because it was impossible to be wrong. (I like being right.) French, English, and German fascinated me. Why did we create all these rules to express our freedom of speech? Oh and Chemistry was great because I got to blow things up and study why that would happen.
7. At what age did you first become aware of yourself as a person? How did it come about? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Okay, dirty mind aside, that is a good question. I'm pretty sure I'm still an illusion. Honestly, it's about memories, because I always knew I was me. Just how I remember me changed over the years.
8. Would you like to travel in outer space? Why not? I can't think of one reason why that would suck.
9. Do you believe in astrology? It works as a great writing tool. I pick my character's birthdays and chart their personalities based on their signs.
10. What is your astrological sign? I am a Gemini. Born to balance the universe and see both sides to every problem. Takes on more than she can stand and changes moods from one moment to the next. Yup. That's me. But! I don't really believe in crap like that.
Thanks to Vicki at Writ of Whimsy and to Richard at Writing and Living for tagging me; now it's my turn to tag:
Vicki from All the World's in Words
Letters from Valentina Hepburn
Teresa at Dreamers, Lovers and Star Voyagers
And here are my questions to get to know you better:
1. What is the title of your current WIP? Tell us about it.
2. When did you start blogging and why?
3. If you could do anything tomorrow, what would you do?
4. Describe your happy place.
5. What was your first happy memory?
6. What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
7. What is the funnest thing you did today?
8. What is the strangest place you've ever gotten an idea for a story?
9. Where do you write?
10. If you just won a ticket to anywhere in the world but had to take me, where would you take me? Why?
Ohhhhh that was fun!
So. Tell me what you've been up to? And everyone who leaves a comment should answer question 10. I need another holiday but can't afford one, so take me on an imaginary one. Please!!!! lol.