Thanks to E.C.'s Ramblings for this STYLISH award.I am so new at all this blogging, that I'm sure I bring a real idiot-style to the team. It's all good, and everyone is patiently nice to me. THANK YOU.
Still, in one month I've learnt a lot. To receive this award I must confess 7 things about myself.
So, these are the 7 things I learnt or experienced in my first month as a blogger.
1. The pay is EXACTLY the same as I make for writing my novels, so I steal time from one habit to pay for the other habit. What a sweet deal.
2. I am so stylish, baby, I won the same award twice. Yeah.
3. I received an Honorable Mention in the Pay it Forwards contest for my Mid-grade novel, I Whisper Alone. (yes, I'm bragging, everyone who knows how wonderful that is, scream hooray for me!!) So far, no one but me is excited about this. No one. Nothing but a nod and a pat on the back. Still, I really really am tickled pink. Honorable Mentions are cool. I printed it up and framed it and everything ;)
4. I know more about people I will never meet than I do about the neighbors I've lived by for 15 years. I cried with my new friends, I laughed, I teased, I learnt from them, I taught them the weird things I know, and I can't wait to come back tomorrow and do it all again.
5. I joined a crusade, something I vowed to never do, I mean they rarely end well, and I hate dying for things I believe in. I mean, I really hate it. Yet, I'm excite, and it's fun so far. Weird.
6. I got an email asking my opinion on a WIP from a really cool doctor, and one asking if I was interested in a long distance romance (my husband thought it was funny that it was a woman asking this- he's still giggling about that too ;)
7. I learnt this week how to manage the 150 plus blogs I follow with google reader. (HERE) Thanks Rachael. Gee, I even learnt what BTW stands for. (By the way.--- last thing I expected it to represent.)
7 1/2. (that's right, and a half, my blog, my rules, suck it up buttercup.) I'm easily distracted, and have too many ideas. In fact, I have over 30 drafts waiting to be posted, and never get around to posting them because of contests, awards, and other really wicked things I just have to read.
I'm passing this award to a few of my new favourite stylish bloggers. Now to me, every blog has it's own unique style, but it would take too long to give it to everyone, so we do this the old fashion way. I went through 100 plus blogs, searching for who to give this award out to. Don't feel left out, you all rock, but well... these stood out for a few fun reasons.
Check them out.
If you are the winner, to accept this, do these things, and be happy:
1.) Thank and link back to me, pick up your award and post it on your blog. Email me if you need instructions, I was clueless, and made a step by step checklist.